Please note, this is an unpaid volunteering role
(We cover volunteers reasonable travel expenses in line with volunteer expenses policy)
The Jermain Defoe Foundation is looking for an events team leader to join our volunteer team in support of changing lives of vulnerable, abused and homeless children within underprivileged communities in the Caribbean.
As an Event Team Leader you will play a role in supporting the work of our charity by helping to plan and organise fundraising events. You will also help to organise and coordinate the volunteers within the charity by offering support and maintaining accurate records.
You will be based in our Essex office.
Flexible time commitment depending on what suits you, but we are ideally looking for someone who is able to work a minimum of 5 hours a week for a minimum of 3 months.
- The ability to identify all tasks involved with fundraising events, ensuring all activities are legally compliant and co-ordinating and motivating the charities volunteer team.
- Enthusiastic and creative
- Good organisational skills
- Comfortable working with other people
- Some experience of fundraising would be useful
Benefits to joining our team of Volunteers
- Meeting and working with new and enthusiastic people across the organisation
- Learning new skills adding volunteering experience to your CV
- Making a real difference to vulnerable, abused and homeless children
Please send your CV and cover letter (cover letter must include why you are suitable for this position) to firstname.lastname@example.org