Job Title: Football Tournament Volunteers Wanted
Purpose: The Volunteer will help with the Jermain Defoe Foundation’s 2018 Football Tournament. The aim of this event is to raise funds for underprivileged children, where all money raised will go towards our current projects helping vulnerable children in St Lucia, Dominica and the UK.
Date availability: The event will be held on Bank Holiday Monday 7th May. The individual will be asked to attend approximately 3 meetings prior to the event day.
Location: The Football Tournament will be held at PlayFootball Romford. When asked to meet prior to the football tournament, the volunteer will be invited to come to our Romford offices – Jermain Defoe Foundation, 2-4 Eastern Road, Romford, RM1 3PJ.
Volunteer Role and Responsibilities:
The individual will be one of the ‘on the ground’ volunteers at the event making sure the event runs smoothly. Responsibilities could include:
- Signing in football teams that have registered
- Directing competing teams to the appropriate pitches
- Selling raffle tickets and merchandise
- Manning the ‘fun pitch’ with inflatables and games
- Keeping score of the tournament games
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good organisational skills
Please register your interest with Katie Russell at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01708 511 809