Please note, this is an unpaid volunteering role
(We cover volunteers reasonable travel expenses in line with volunteer expenses policy)
The Jermain Defoe Foundation is looking for a volunteer fundraising and events coordinator to join our volunteer team in support of changing lives of vulnerable, abused and homeless children within underprivileged communities in the Caribbean.
As a Volunteer Fundraising and Events Coordinator you will help lead the planning and management of fundraising events, identify and approach potential business partners and sponsors, help increase communications with sponsors and help to organise and coordinate the volunteers within the charity. You will assist with general fundraising activities as needed.
You will be based in our Essex office.
Flexible time commitment depending on what suits you, this position requires a minimum of 6 months for 1-2 days per week during regular office hours (Monday to Friday from 9:30 am to 5:30 pm), for an average of 8-10 hours per week.
- Sociable, self-confident, approachable and a good communicator
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to work independently but with guidance and support from the rest of the team
- Flexible and adaptable
- Reliable, honest and punctual
- Experience in a similar role preferred but not essential
Benefits to joining our team of Volunteers
- Meeting and working with new and enthusiastic people across the organisation
- Learning new skills adding volunteering experience to your CV
- Making a real difference to vulnerable, abused and homeless children
Please send your CV and cover letter (cover letter must include why you are suitable for this position) to firstname.lastname@example.org